Saturday, October 20, 2007

two cav fig.

Sorry about taking so long between posts, it's been very busy between work and trying to fit painting in the short amount of hours in a day. This first pic. is a picture of my display cabinet, to get a better look at the figures click on the pic. to get a closer look. This level has the 5th Lancers from Reille's 2nd corp at Waterloo, just one more guy to finish and the regiments done. The cuirassiers are the 7th from Milhaud's 4th Cavalry corp.. Finally two cannons from my soon to be Grande Battery, I have five more cannon's to go and she'll be done, I hope, you know how grandiose us Napoleonic wargamers can get, there's never enough.
This guy in sky blue is from the Perry's 1815 French range and can be found in FN54- Mounted Imperial Orderlies. He's patting his horse watching the cuirassier pictured below charging those irratating British.
Here's a side view of him, black horses for me always pose a problem to paint. I can't seem to find a way to highlight and shade him to my satisfaction so I simply drybrush them, it saves me on alot of headaches and swearing.
Another one of the 7th cuirassier's charging, he's going to be in my 2nd row of the regiment. This guy can be found at the perry's website in the 1815 French line under FN61- Cuirassier's charging swords raised.
Finally here's the opposite side view of this magnificant "Big Brother" charging, or as the french's nickname for the cuirassier's was " Le Gros Frere ". Thanks again for lending me your time and I hope you enjoyed this little blurb.

No comments: