Tuesday, August 21, 2007

28mm vs 1:72 (20mm)

As promised I have finished painted a miniature that I will compare to my country house which I just recently finished as well.
This miniature is apart of the Perry-miniature range, its under the title of FN7-" Voltigeurs/Grenadiers skirmashing". I chose this particular figure because it depicts the skirmashier kneeling down loading his musket, and I thought he would look nice placed under the arch or in the window of the house.
Here the voltigeur is placed under the arch of the porch getting ready for another target by reloading his musket. If you look closer off to your left you can see that the door is slightly ajar, in the box set of the Italeri no.6075 model kit " Country house with porch" the diagram on the back of the box shows the doors of the house shut, by I thought it would give the house a nice scenic feel to it if the door was slightly ajar so I fidgeted alittle bit with the door frame and glued it in slightly open.
Here is a close-up view of the two compared to each other. If you really look closely you'll notice that the scale of the figure is slightly larger than the scale of the house but the difference is very minute.
Finally here is a picture of the voltigeur in the window preparing to shoot out at someone, maybe a prussian trying to take hold of Placenoit, dare to dream to make a scenic depiction of the battle of Waterloo. Also if you look closely at the wall by the shutters you'll notice little bullet holes on the side of the building, a nice touch I think and another example of Italeri's attention to detail as I mentioned before. They also put little patches of plaster whitewashed that hasn't peeled off of the house, I think that this is a shining example of how you can mix and match different scales and companies to make a beautiful display scene, you just have to use a little imagination. Vive'L Empereur!

No comments: