Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You can Huff & Puff but you can't blow my House down

Well it's been quite awhile since my last post, and for that I apoligize. I took a break from painting miniatures and decided to paint some scenery. This house that I painted is from Italeri an italian company that makes 1:72 and 1:35 plastic models. This particular house is a 1:72 which measures up to a 20mm scale, not quite as big as my 28mm miniatures but it still looks great with the figures, you can tell the difference in scale if you really look at hard enough but if you do then i think you're just being a little picky in my opion. I decided to paint the house in a dark grey brick coulor and then just simply dry brushed a liter grey over the bricks which turned out quite nicely if i don't say so myself. The roof was painted in a red brick shade and them highlighted by dry brushing lite pink over the raised edges.
The house is named "Country house with porch" no.6075 model kit. As i said before it's a 1:72 scale and made by Italeri, in which I think makes the best 1:72 scale plastics around. There figures are always nice and crisp with alot of attention to detail, and if you've bought any of these 1:72 figure kits you'll know what I mean when I say they come out nicely when painted with their attention to detail and their crisp and clean plastic sharpness. Unlike some other companies who's kits seem alittle blocky and not quite as sharp when it comes to the corners and edges of the figure, the detail seems to be lacking for some reason.
Anyway in my next post I'll show a figure and how a 28mm miniature compares to a 1:72(20mm) scale miniature or kit.

No comments: