Monday, July 30, 2007

Big Brothers

"Les Gros Frere" The Big Brothers, that was the nick name for Napoleon's cuirassiers. In these pics I have a recently finished trumpeter for the 7th cuirassiers regiment.
Here's a different view of the trumpeter. This was the first time I used Foundry's three coat paint system. I just used it on the horse, and I think it came out great. It's hard to tell from the pics but it really blends in well together.
One of the hardest thing was the little grenade symbol on the bottom of the saddle blanket. It might not seem that hard to do but you and try to paint little lines with the relative same thickness, also notice the seven painted on the bedroll.
Finally, here's the two of the Perry's Miniatures command stand for the cuirassiers put together. These two figures are the officer and his trumpeter from Perry's 1815 range, the code is FN59 Cuirassier Command. I based them and haven't decided if I'm going to add anything else or not, maybe a little static grass. Once again I hope you enjoyed this little distraction and hope to hear some of your comments in the future.

No comments: