Thursday, July 19, 2007

work place






I've been busy the last couple of days watching my box set of "Andromeda" the t.v. series, that I receive in the mail. Here are some pics of my work station and current work in process's. As you can see I tend to be all over the place wanting to paint every figure I see, I prime my figures white and then black line them myself before I even start to paint, this is a very lengthy process but I find I get the best results this way. I know what your thinking, it would be better to prime in black and go from there, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work for, to each there own I guess. The majority of my paints are hobby paints made for crafts and not for miniatures, I do have a few Vallejo, Reaper and Game Work Shop paints but being in the region that I am in it's very hard to get these, so I have to order them via mail and that can get very costly, especially with the amount of colour ranges that I have, well over three hundred different shades of colour. This is not to mention the paint-brushes of which you can see, and on the other side I've had to double and triple up just to fit most of my paint-brushes that I use at any given time. I've currently ordered some Foundry paints of which I'm very excited about since they come with three different shades of one colour, of which is the way that I try to paint (Base,Shade,Highlight). As you can also see I received some GMB flags for my standard bearers. I think that GMB makes excellent flags and can't wait to attach them to my units, the final coup-da-gras so to speak. Most of the flags are from Reille's 2nd corp but there's also one from the 7th and 12th cuirassiers. I already cut out the 72nd line regiment flag of Bachelu's division, that's why you only see the 108th line regiment's flag. It looks great and I can't wait to put on my cavalry standards. Anyway bye for now and keep on plugging I know I will.

No comments: