Monday, August 6, 2007

what time is it?

Here are a couple of figures I finished over the week-end, the first is an officer from the perry-miniature's line. The second miniature is also from the perry-mininatures, except this is from the casulaties range. Take a look at the multiple shots of the officer and some shots of the casualty with the rest of his fellow soldiers.
The jacket shown here might look good in my humble opnion, but don't let that fool you, this was the hardest part of the figure to do. The trick is to highlight the raised folds without adding to much, because too much makes the jacket look silly.
Here is the final shot, the rear view of him. I painted him as an officer of a light infantry regiment, I think he's supposed to be a high ranking officer since he is apart of the -FN53 "Hangers On" high ranking officers of various regiments dismounted- Perry-Miniatures Range. I tried to paint him as a Young Guard officer, I'm not quite sure if I got all the details wright, if you happen to see anything out of place or just plain wrong about the facing etc., just post a comment, I'd be eternal grateful. You can't see from this view but he's looking at his pocket watch, I like this pose and just hope I did it justice.
In the next couple of pics I have the finished figure, the one on the left of the first row, the fusilier with his hand over his eyes leaning backwards like he's getting shot and thrown backwards.
This is a close-up shot. In this base I put him as part of the 1st company of fusiliers as apart of the 72nd regiment in Bachelu's division of Reille's 2nd corp. The first three figures are all getting shot at as from the perry-miniature's range FN16 Line Infantry Casulties. I thought this would be a nice change in my regiment, with most painters they tend to put all their figures in a group, bunching them up together and while this does look good, I like mixing it up alittle, it tends to make them look more scenic. I hope you enjoyed this post, and so bye for now and thanks for viewing.

No comments: